In the wake of the coronavirus, the Federal Reserve has engaged in unprecedented actions, pumping $2.5 trillion into the financial system in just two months. Many readers ask: Does this make IBC a bad idea? After all, it relies on a dollar-denominated asset (life insurance). Bob and Carlos discuss the economic outlook and this particular issue.
Mentioned in this episode and other links of interest:
- Carlos and Bob’s September 2016 presentation, “How to Weather the Coming Financial Storms.“
- The documentary This Is Nelson Nash.
- The book co-authored by Nelson Nash, Carlos, and Bob, The Case for IBC.
- Bob’s new series for the Mises Institute, Understanding Money Mechanics.
- Carlos and Bob’s book, How Privatized Banking Really Works.
- Bob’s analysis of the Fed’s latest emergency repo operations.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.