L. Carlos Lara
Carlos Lara is CEO of United Services and Trust Corporation, a consulting firm specializing in business advisory services for privately held corporations.
United Services and Trust Corporation was incorporated in 1976 and is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee. The firm’s primary services are capital formation, corporate trusts, debtor-creditor relations, and business crisis.
Lara’s background in business rehabilitation, commercial banking and credit restructuring makes him a regular speaker at business conferences. During the 1980s he taught classes on credit management to credit executives seeking the ABCE accreditation, now the Certified Credit Executive (C.C.E.), for the National Association of Credit Management (NACM).
Lara has also held all the required licenses as a Registered Broker-Dealer and Member of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) with extensive experience in the financial services industry.
He is a free-market advocate in the Austrian School tradition frequently writing and speaking on the subject. In 2013 he co-produced the IBC Practitioner Program, an educational training course on the theory of the Infinite Banking Concept (IBC), which is specially designed for licensed financial professionals.
- How Privatized Banking Really Works (2010 with Robert Murphy)
Lara occasionally speaks at financial events and conferences on various business topics including debtor-creditor relations, banking, credit, and cash flow management.
He is available for brief (no charge) telephone or web meeting consultations by appointment only. He is also available for more comprehensive business and management consulting services
To inquire about rates, availability and appointments, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Murphy has a PhD in economics from New York University. He is also Senior Economist with the Institute for Energy Research, Senior Fellow with the Fraser Institute, Senior Fellow with the Mises Institute, and Research Fellow with the Independent Institute.
Murphy has testified before Congress on energy markets and monetary policy, and has given numerous interviews on TV and radio. He is the author of hundreds of articles and several books on economic topics aimed at the layperson. He publishes (with Carlos Lara) the Lara-Murphy Report, and is co-creator of the IBC Practitioner Program.
- Co-Author (with Carlos Lara) of How Privatized Banking Really Works (July 2010)
- Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action (July 2015, Independent Institute) – A distillation of the great “Austrian” Ludwig von Mises’ work.
- The Primal Prescription (with co-author Doug McGuff, September 2015, Primal Nutrition) – A history and explanation of what went wrong with U.S. health care and health insurance, and a guide for families to secede from the broken system.
- Lessons For the Young Economist (2011 Mises Institute) – A textbook aimed at junior high students (though appropriate for all ages) to teach introductory economics. Available as free PDF, along with Teacher’s Manual for homeschoolers.
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism (April 2007) – A volume in the best-selling “Politically Incorrect Guide” series published by Regnery Publishing.
Murphy has also designed a home study course in Austrian economics (2005), as well as a study guide for Murray Rothbard’s Man, Economy and State (with Power and Market), both published and distributed by the Mises Institute.
Murphy is a frequent speaker at academic and financial conferences and events, and can deliver remarks ranging from the technical to the entertaining.
He is also available (on a limited basis) for consultation regarding financial and policy analysis.
To inquire about rates and availability, please contact him at rpm@ConsultingByRPM.com.